- To promote awareness and understanding of politics and citizenship
- To encourage members of the public to participate actively in politics by taking part in discussions, making their views known, voting, standing for office and holding public office.
- To encourage an increase in the percentage turnout of the electorate, by raising awareness of the importance to the electorate of exercising their democratic right to vote - a consequence of which will be that they can help to shape and secure the future of the Isle of Man.
- To bring to the attention of Tynwald Members, the Government of the Isle of Man, or any other appropriate bodies, issues or matters of public interest raised by members of P A G; and which may include submissions in response to public consultation exercises.
Positive Action Group (PAG) believes that three ‘core principles’ should apply to the system of Government in the Isle of Man.
- OPEN, ACCOUNTABLE GOVERNMENT
- RIGOROUS CONTROL OF PUBLIC FINANCES; and
- A FAIRER SOCIETY FOR ALL
That Tynwald should introduce legislation to:
PASS A FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
PASS A CONFLICTS OF INTERESTS ACT